at face valueidiom
Definition of at face value
1 : for the price that is printed on something We bought the tickets at face value.
2 : as true or genuine without being questioned or doubted After all his lying, nothing he says now should be taken/accepted at face value.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game