Definition of asylee
- Asylum status may be terminated for the same grounds or if there are changed circumstances in the asylee's country which eliminates the need for asylum.
- —Federal Register Part V, 2 June 1980
- White House aide Jack Watson, according to The Wall Street Journal, refers to Cubans seeking asylum in the United States as “asylees.”
- —William Safire, New York Times Magazine, 15 June 1980
- … told me that one of the questions the authorities ask to determine whether or not someone qualifies for asylee status is “Are you afraid to return to your own country?”
- —G. Willow Wilson, The Butterfly Mosque, 2010