as·tur | \ ˈastə(r)\
Definition of astur
1 capitalized : a genus consisting of the goshawks and sometimes considered a subgenus of Accipiter
2 plural -s : goshawk
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game