Definition of astral spirit
1 : one of various celestial intelligences (such as the souls of dead people, demons, or spirits originating in fire) formerly thought to live in and control the movements of stars and planets
2 theosophy : a spirit composed of astral substance
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game