assets by descent
variants: or assets per descent
Definition of assets by descent
: assets left to an heir which make the heir liable for the debts of his or her ancestor due under a deed or a sealed instrument to the extent of the value of the assets —used in the older law of the administration of estates
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game