assets by descent
variants: or assets per descent
Definition of assets by descent
: assets left to an heir which make the heir liable for the debts of his or her ancestor due under a deed or a sealed instrument to the extent of the value of the assets —used in the older law of the administration of estates
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game