asiaticizetransitive verb, often capitalized
asi·at·i·cize | \ -əˌsīz\
variants: or less commonly asiatize \ ˈ⸗⸗əˌtīz ; ˌ⸗⸗ˈatˌīz -ˈaˌtīz \
Definition of asiaticize
: to make Asian or partially Asian in customs or ideas
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game