as (is) evidenced byidiom
Definition of as (is) evidenced by
: as is clearly shown by She has become known for the power of her writing, as (is) evidenced by the popularity of her new book. There clearly were settlements here, as evidenced by these remains.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game