Definition of aruhe
: the edible, starchy rhizome of a bracken fern (Pteridium esculentum) Over time, with a growing population, the most important native food plant for the Maori was the root of the aruhe, a bracken fern (Pteridium esculentum).— Simon D. Pollard, Natural History, May 2011
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game