ar·to·car·pus | \ ärtəˈkärpəs\
Definition of artocarpus
1 capitalized : a large genus of tall evergreen milky-juiced Asian trees (family Moraceae) that are grown throughout the tropics and have large alternate entire or lobed leaves and flowers in catkinlike clusters with the pistillate ones in crowded heads that produce a multiple fleshy fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game