Definition of arte povera
- … the metaphysical yearnings of the Surrealists and the material curiosity of Arte Povera.
- —New York Times, 6 June 2008
- Some of the sculpture she produced showed the “getting back to essentials” that characterizes work known as Arte Povera.
- —Alan G. Artner, Chicago Tribune, 27 Oct. 1988
- … an exhibition of over 140 works by young, relatively unknown European artists that will concentrate heavily on arte povera, conceptual art and all the other latest attempts to make news.
- —New York Magazine, 11 Sept. 1972
- Once again, this ageing master of arte povera is seeking to fashion some fragile poetry out of the meetings of inglorious factory substances.
- —Jannis Kounellis, Sunday Times (London), 2 May 2010