ars an·ti·qua | \ ¦ärˌsan‧ˈtēkwə, -rˌza-\
Definition of ars antiqua
: the style of musical composition before about 1300 and especially of the 13th century —contrasted with ars nova
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?