Definition of arrow straightener
: an instrument used by the Eskimo consisting of a piece of bone, horn, ivory, or wood having at one end a hole through which a heated shaft (as of an arrow) is drawn for straightening — compare baton sense 5
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game