ar·ra·ca·cha | \ ˌarəˈkachə, ˌärəˈkä-\
variants: or less commonly arracach \ ˌ⸗⸗ˈkach , ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗ \
plural arracachas also arracaches\ Sp arracacha , aracacha , fr‧ Quechua rakkácha \
Definition of arracacha
: a tropical American perennial herb (Arracacia xanthorrhiza or A. esculenta) that is related to the carrot and is cultivated in the uplands of northern and western South America for its edible root
— called also apio, Peruvian carrot
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?