Definition of armed reconnaissance
1 : reconnaissance by aircraft to locate and attack targets of opportunity in a general area rather than to attack predesignated targets
2 : air reconnaissance to locate and gather intelligence on targets in areas where lack of air superiority makes it necessary for the aircraft to fight its way in and out again
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game