Definition of arkite
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a porphyritic leucite rock consisting of pseudoleucite, orthoclase, nepheline, diopside, aegirite, and garnet
Ar·kite | \ ˈärˌkīt\
Definition of Arkite (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a member of an ancient Canaanite people
2 : a member of the Arkite people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game