Definition of argon laser
: a laser that emits light especially in the blue and green regions of the visible spectrum, operates by means of a high-voltage current through ionized argon gas, and is used especially in laser surgery
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game