arf·ved·son·ite | \ ˈävə̇dsəˌnīt\
Definition of arfvedsonite
: a silicate of sodium, calcium, and iron, approximately Na2–3(Fe, Mg, Al)5Si8O22(OH)2, of the amphibole group occurring in black monoclinic strongly pleochroic prisms in certain igneous rocks
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game