Definition of arclength
: the length of a segment of an arc Thus, in a unit circle (radius = 1), any angle of 1 radian cuts off an arc of unit length. All other arclengths are proportional to this; for instance, doubling the radius (to 2) and tripling the angle (to 3 radians) yields an arclength of 6.— Rheta N. Rubenstein et al., Math Horizons, November 2003
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game