Definition of arch brick
1 : a wedge-shaped brick used in the building of an arch — compare compass brick
2 : brick that has been overburned through being placed in contact with the fire in the arch of a kiln : clinker brick also : one such brick
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game