ar·ba·cia | \ ärˈbāsēə\
Definition of arbacia
1 capitalized : a genus of sea urchins (order Centrechinoida) having the ambulacral plates with three pairs of pores, the periproct covered by four triangular plates, the test rather low and stout, and the spines short with those near the mouth having enameled flattened tips
2 plural -s : a sea urchin of the genus Arbacia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game