variant spelling of arrack
: an Asian alcoholic beverage like rum that is distilled from a fermented mash of malted rice with toddy or molasses
Definition of Arāk (Entry 2 of 2)
city in western Iran southwest of Tehran population 265,349
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game