ar·a·chis | \ ˈa-rə-kəs, ˈer-ə-\
Definition of arachis
1 capitalized : a small genus of mostly Brazilian herbs (family Leguminosae) with yellow flowers and pods that ripen underground — see peanut
2 plural -es : a plant of the genus Arachis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?