Definition of aquascape
1 : a landscaped area having a prominent natural or constructed aquatic feature (such as a pond or fountain) Success with a water body in a garden, no matter what form it takes—from the simplest bird bath to the most complex management of an aquascape—depends on some basic dynamics.— Kim Morris
2 : an arrangement of elements (such as plants and rocks) in an aquarium intended to create the appearance of a natural aquatic environment Fish tanks that once showcased plastic plants and bubbling scuba divers are being transformed into "aquascapes," filled with exotic tropical ferns, water grasses, mosses and miniature water lilies.— Susan Balcom
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?