application-specific integrated circuitnoun
Definition of application-specific integrated circuit
: any integrated circuit designed to perform a single, specific task An application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) … enables wireless telemetry, remote powering … — Computers, Networks & Communications —abbreviation ASIC
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?