Definition of apoplectiform septicemia
: a highly infectious disease of gallinaceous birds caused by a bacterium (Streptococcus gallinarum) and characterized by depression, listlessness, and a staggering gait usually followed by prostration and death
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game