antony overnoun, sometimes capitalized A
an·to·ny over | \ ˈant(ᵊ)nēˈ-, ˈaan-, ˈain-\
variants: or andy over \ ˈandē- , ˈaan- \ or annie over \ ˈanē- , -ni \ or less commonly ante over \ ˈantē- , ˈaan- , ˈain- , -ti \ or anthony over \ like antony over ; or , sometimes , -thən- \ or antney over or anty over
Definition of antony over
: a game played by two teams in which a ball is tossed back and forth over any small building or bounced against its side
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?