Definition of antidifferentiation
: integration sense 3 Antidifferentiation is just differentiation backwards. The derivative of sin x is cos x, so the antiderivative of cos x is sin x; the derivative of x3 is 3x2, so the antiderivative of 3x2 is x3—you just go backwards. There's a bit more to it, but that's the basic idea.— Mark Ryan, Calculus For Dummies, 2003
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game