Definition of antidifferentiation
: integration sense 3 Antidifferentiation is just differentiation backwards. The derivative of sin x is cos x, so the antiderivative of cos x is sin x; the derivative of x3 is 3x2, so the antiderivative of 3x2 is x3—you just go backwards. There's a bit more to it, but that's the basic idea.— Mark Ryan, Calculus For Dummies, 2003
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game