Definition of antarctic beech
: any of several trees (genus Nothofagus) of cool, temperate rainforests:
a : a medium-sized deciduous tree (N. Antarctica) of southern Argentina and Chile with glossy sweet-scented dark-green leaves
b : a tall evergreen tree (N. moorei) of eastern Australia with a large trunk, glossy dark-green leaves, and hard wood
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game