answer for (someone)idiom
Definition of answer for (someone)
: to say what someone else thinks : to give the opinion of (someone else) I like the proposal myself, but I can't answer for my boss.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game