Definition of anion-exchange resin
: an ion-exchange resin that contains basic chemical groups for exchanging anions In strongly alkaline mobile phases, sugar anions are separated on a positively charged strong anion-exchange resin.— Alfred Steinbach and Andrea Wille, Food Engineering & Ingredients, 1 Oct. 2008 — compare cation-exchange resin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game