Definition of angular correlation
: the relationship between the trajectories of particles emitted by a subatomic process (such as radioactive decay) Experiments are already planned to settle the question through measurement of the angular correlations between detected protons.— J. C. Hardy, Science, 1 Mar. 1985
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game