an·gou·mois grain moth
variants: or less commonly angoumois moth \ ¦änˌgüm¦wä- \
Definition of angoumois grain moth
: a small tineid moth (Sitotroga cerealella) of which the larva is a destructive pest of stored grain feeding in the interior of the kernels of various cereals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game