an·ge·lot | \ ˈanjəˌlät\
Definition of angelot
1 [ so called from the device on the obverse, showing the archangel Michael slaying a dragon ] : an Anglo-Gallic gold coin issued in the 15th century by Henry VI of England
2 : angelica sense 3
3 : a small rich cheese made in Normandy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?