Definition of and that
1 somewhat formal —used to refer to an idea just mentioned He was helpful, and that to an unusual degree.
2 chiefly British, informal : and more things of the same kind She spends her money drinking, gambling, and that.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game