ana·pro·tas·pis | \ ˌanəprōˈtaspə̇s\
plural anaprotaspes\ -taˌspēz \
Definition of anaprotaspis
: an early protaspis with but six segments all of which are incorporated in the cephalon of the adult trilobite
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?