variants: or less commonly anahao \ äˈnäˌhau̇ \
Definition of anahau
: a tall Philippine palm (Livistona rotundifolia) yielding a valuable wood used for golf clubs, a fiber used for bowstrings, and leaves used for thatching and for hats and fans
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game