Definition of anaglypta
- A textured paper called anaglypta was used to lend an 1890s aura to the hallway.
- —Roger Showley, San Diego Union-Tribune, 11 Dec. 1983
- Three coats of deep blue paint bring out the texture in the anaglypta wall covering.
- —Barbara Hertenstein, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 29 Apr. 2000
- These Victorian and Edwardian houses often conceal the evidence of earlier tastes in decoration—contoured Anaglypta wallpaper, dark varnishes, here and there the piece of stained glass that must have added to the general gloom.
- —Alexander McCall Smith, Sunday Times (London), 27 Apr. 2008