Definition of amyl ether
: any symmetrical ether (C5H11)2O derived from amyl alcohol especially : a mixture of normal pentyl ether and isopentyl ether obtained as a by-product in the preparation of amyl alcohol (see amyl alcohol sense 2a) and used as a solvent
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game