Definition of amor
1 : cupid , cherub sense 3
2 Amor [ from Amor, an asteroid of this class ] : any of a class of asteroids especially having orbits that extend from just beyond the orbit of Earth to beyond the orbit of Mars — compare apollo , aten
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game