am·ba·rel·la | \ ˌambəˈrelə\
Definition of ambarella
: a tropical tree (Spondias dulcis synonym Spondias cytherea of the family Anacardiaceae, the cashew family) that is native to Polynesia and Melanesia and is widely cultivated for its edible ovoid fruit which has a slightly sour, yellowish skin and pulp also : the fruit
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game