ama·no·ri | \ ˌäməˈnōrē\
Definition of amanori
: an alga or a product prepared from algae of the genus Porphyra comprising purple gelatinous seaweeds that are dried and pressed and are important as food in Japan
— called also laver, nori
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?