ama·ni | \ əˈmänē \
Definition of amani
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : Indian government estates or other sources of revenue not leased or farmed out — compare zamindari
2 : Indian government lands paying rent in kind instead of in money
ama·ni | \ ˈämənē \
plural amani or amanis
Definition of amani (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a gold coin of Afghanistan that was issued by Amānollāh Khān from 1919 to 1926
2 : a unit of value equivalent to one amani
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game