Definition of aluminum bronze
: a pale gold-colored alloy composed of copper and usually five to ten percent aluminum with iron, nickel, and tin usually being present in amounts less than one percent each and used especially for corrosion-resistant parts, for wear-resistant bearings, bushings, gears, and dies, and for ornamental articles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game