Definition of alterna-pop
- … an attempt to distance themselves from alterna-pop modern rock stations with a more aggressive sound and lifestyle approach.
- —Rick Clark, Billboard, 11 Feb. 1995
- … her two albums have dabbled in all areas of alterna-pop, from moody melody to jangly guitars.
- —Gemma Tarlach, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 14 Aug. 1998
- … a self-invented alterna-pop star with pretensions to meaning deeper than her abilities …
- —John Griffin, The Gazette (Montreal, Quebec), 31 Oct. 2008