Definition of alterna-pop
: alternative pop … an attempt to distance themselves from alterna-pop modern rock stations with a more aggressive sound and lifestyle approach.— Rick Clark, Billboard, 11 Feb. 1995 … her two albums have dabbled in all areas of alterna-pop, from moody melody to jangly guitars.— Gemma Tarlach, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 14 Aug. 1998 … a self-invented alterna-pop star with pretensions to meaning deeper than her abilities … — John Griffin, The Gazette (Montreal, Quebec), 31 Oct. 2008
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game