al·nag·er | \ ˈal-nə-jər, ˈȯl-\
Definition of alnager
: a onetime officer in England whose duty it was to inspect and attest the measure and quality of woolen cloth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game