al·lant·ox·an·ic acid | \ ˌaˌlanˌtäkˈsanik-\
Definition of allantoxanic acid
: a crystalline acid C4H3N3O4 formed by the oxidation of allantoin or of uric acid
— called also oxonic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game