Definition of all-seater
: a stadium or arena that provides seating for all spectators and offers no standing room … all-seaters should give clubs greater control over who occupies which part of the ground.— Nick Hornby, Fever Pitch, 1992 And then football clubs started to be more family and female friendly, turning their stadiums into all-seaters and discouraging the macho culture of the terraces. — Daily Mail (London), 17 June 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?