all things to all people/mennoun phrase
Definition of all things to all people/men
: a person or thing that makes all people happy by giving them what they want or need It was clear that the senator was trying to be all things to all people in her campaign.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game