all the betteridiom
variants: or so much the better
Definition of all the better
—used to say that something makes a situation, experience, etc., even better than it was My daughter loves taking care of children. If she can earn money by doing it, so much the better!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game